11 July 2009

ask a silly question.

theres an old guitar sitting in the corner of the room, collecting dust. ( im not in my room at the moment, when i came out of the hospital i went in the bedroom nearest the loo,). when my niece came round the other day she got the instrument out of its case and started to strum. i played a piano when i was twelve, so i read a little music. which ive forgotten now. however the sound of the guitar sounded so peaceful.

could anyone tell me is there such a thing as a left handed or right handed guitar? silly question i know, but im left-handed and wondered would it matter if i turned the guitar round the other way? thanks.

6 comments:

Coffeecup said...

My Dad failed to teach me the guitar because I'm left handed. It was too confusing for him to show me 'back to front' as he said. There's absolutely no reason at all why you shouldn't be able to play it, but I'm sure you'll have to restring it kinda upside down as it were. Anyone feel free to correct me on this....?

alice said...

hi steph

thanks for that. another left-hander. i was thinking as i lay here what i could do. i may try it later.
x

diver said...

Hi Alice. It's not really relevent to your question but I thought you might be interested to know that Steph has this mysterious power of attraction over left handed anxiety bloggers. I remember one time last year when she mentioned her own left-handedness and about five out of six of her regular commenters (including me) all replied that they were left handed also. It was too weird.

And now you've revealed it too. Spooky, eh!

alice said...

hi diver

bit weird eh! left-handers are suppose to be more artistic,and we all are. and us all being left handed is odd and we all connected!
x

Coffeecup said...

There has to be some connection in this left handedness agreed. We sensitive bloggers are all creative, artistic, and like to express our feelings through wonderful words. Aren't we the best? X

alice said...

hi steph

i agree. i think, correct me if im wrong, that 90 per cent of the population is right handed. so that leaves us 10 per cent in a minority. it must do something to our brains!
x